Service with a Smile

Saturday, December 29, 2007


The bulk of my day has been spent doing two things: 1. Filling out the necessary paperwork for a damage claim with DHL (see the DHL Debacle blog for more info on that) and (ironically) 2. Packaging up five paintings to be shipped with DHL.
Anyway, this new exhibition that my work will be in came at a bit of a surprise. I got an email from the Assistant Director of the Arts Council of Greenwood County, in Greenwood, SC. She said she saw my work on-line, liked it and would like to show some at their gallery in January. I quickly agreed, not taking into consideration the drive to Greenwood (or the shipping costs...keep in mind that I was still pretty hot over the DHL debacle). Greenwood is about a four and a half hour drive. When I explained that I have two solo exhibitions in January and I need to be at both openings, the Assistant Director (Joyce Turner) volunteered to pick them up. Wow! As an emerging artist, this makes me feel pretty good. Luckily, she has family near here so she will be swinging into Fayetteville for the pick up tomorrow morning. As miffed as I am with DHL, I will still need to have my work shipped from the Arts Council when the show is over...of course, there's always that chance that everything will sell. Some of you may recognize the image above from my Christmas card. If not, it's Katie with Wings, a mixed media piece that will be featured in the show at Greenwood.

0 comments: