New Project: Day 8 (Good Find)

Friday, December 14, 2007

It feels great to get a card in the mail on an average day from someone who just wants to let you know they're thinking about you. That's how I felt this morning. I went for a walk in my neighborhood and came on a pile of old suitcases waiting for the trash pick-up. They must have put them out this morning because trash pick-up was yesterday and there usually isn't anything left for curbside dumpster divers such as myself. Anyway, under the pile was a perfectly good ruck-sack. I couldn't believe it!! It was as if God looked down and said, "Here you go, I was just thinking about you and want you to know I think you're special." I know that probably sounds a little dramatic, but finding that ruck was truly an answered prayer.


Ruck with everything on it.


Frame only (with straps and back pad).

As I mentioned in a previous blog (New Project: Day 5), I thought I had found the perfect mounting system for my wings when I found an Army-issued ruck frame up in my attic. Unfortunately, my husband said that he had to return it to the Army when he gets out in February. This setback left me thinking that I'd have to buy one just like it (which I didn't want to do). So today, when I stumbled on that little jewel, I felt like God just winked at me. The ruck, with the pack and everything totals about 45 bucks. I'll probably only use the frame (and I'll modify it quite a bit). For the rest of the day I have been...you guessed it, continuing on with the burning process.

0 comments: