New Project: Day 6

Saturday, December 8, 2007



Today I got off to a bit of a late start, it being Saturday and all. Anyway, my objective was to start burning my wings with a woodburning "pen". Since I'd never tried this before I wanted to practice a little first, and try out the various points that come with it. The box said to "wait until the unit is completely cool before changing out the points. Trust me, they mean what they say. I got impatient and tried to change it out with some pliers. I ended up stripping it and had to go buy a new one. After a trip to my local art supply store, I was able to start on the first wing.

This morning I had visions of finishing all four pieces by dinnertime. What a joke. The process is extremely slow. Not only that, but if you want to change your line style, you have to change out the point...and you have to unplug it, let it cool down "all the way" and then let the new one heat up again. I got one wing done, (the smallest one), and my husband is yapping at me from the kitchen because we're already late for our dinner plans, I'm still in my grubby clothes, and I smell like I've been roasting marshmallows over a campfire.


0 comments: