DHL Debacle

Monday, December 17, 2007

Today I went to Lexington, NC to pick up a few paintings from an exhibition that just ended. It was a long day and I always get a little anxious when transporting my work for fear of damages that might occur along the way. I was relieved when I finally got home and unpacked the work and saw that everything was ok. Then I noticed that a large crate had been delivered at the front door. I had been expecting the delivery, it was another painting coming back to me from a show in MN. I've never really had any problems when shipping my work (mostly because I build my own wooden crates and treat my paintings like they're my children...or at least a beloved pet). Anyway, I was shocked when I saw the package!





Luckily the painting's canvas surface wasn't damaged. Repairs will have to be made due to the busted stretcher bar. I called DHL and was able to get in touch with someone who seemed to actually care. I'll be waiting for a call tomorrow but I think I'll only make out with about a hundred bucks and the shipping fees canceled.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrors! That is such a bummer. Poor painting... Good luck with DHL. Hopefully they'll compensate you. -Boogs