New Project, Day 3 and 4

Thursday, December 6, 2007


These last two days have been pretty hectic for me. Even though I only work part-time as an art teacher (3 days a week, for a few hours each day), when I get home I always feel totally drained of my creative energy.

Yesterday I actually had to force myself to go into the studio to work. I set a goal of transferring four smaller wings (the scapula areas) from the original drawings to the panels. I also aimed to cut them all out. I had a busting headache so this was a pretty lofty goal. I managed to get the four pieces transfered and then went outside to do the cuts. After the first one, my right hand and arm were killing me because of the intricacy of the cuts around the feathers and the weight of the saw. After the second one was finished I decided to call it quits for the night because I was so cold my hands had gone numb and the light was fading. When I don't reach my goals for a days work, I always feel pretty crummy and undisciplined (I blame myself for not being tough enough to push through the pain...must be an Army flashback).

This morning after my exercises I got right into cutting and sanding the last two pieces. I knew I had to do it because I also had to teach classes and then had to teach private lessons after that, which would leave me with no energy or daylight to work by. At least I accomplished the small goal I set for myself today.

0 comments: