New Work Posted

Sunday, October 7, 2007


I have just posted 7 new pieces of art on my website. Located under the Narrative Paintings heading.

What you'll see:

By A Thread
(image posted at left)

This is the fifth and final piece in the Bird on a Wire series. Doing this piece has been a catalyst for some of the other pieces I've been working on lately that uses bird imagery.


Searching for an Olive Branch #1 and #2


Confronting the plight of the Afghan women through the eyes Nadia Anjuman, a female poet who at the age of 25 was beaten to death by her own husband. These pieces have been a labor of love. Not only is the subject matter close to my heart, the construction of the pieces was quite a stretch from my normal routine of painting. Read more about this in my next blog.

Caged
The text used in this painting was taken from a sex education text book written by a woman in the 1960's. My how times have changed. Read more about this and the others on my website under Artist's Statements.

Go to: www.amoveablefeast.us

0 comments: