Happenin' Halloween

Monday, October 29, 2007




Justin and I were lucky enough to be invited to Fayetteville's most exclusive Halloween party this year: Simone and Cory's House of Gore and Terror.
Because of my recent post as a judge for the Museum's costume contest, I have been very sought after for my expert eye in costume critique. Needless to say, I was asked to judge the costumes here too. It was a tough call between the many pirates, the gay carpenter and the dead body floating in the pool; but there could only be three winners. In the couples category, Doug and Barb were convincing as scarecrows (you two can hang out in my garden any day). First place in the male category went to Don the Pirate (let's face it, you just came for the booty) and lastly, first place in the female category went to Anna the Polish Gypsy for her moves on the dance floor and for staying in character all night. Congratulations!



This year we raided our costume box in the attic and I went as a mail order bride from Bangladesh and Justin went as an Iranian foreign exchange student (his outfit was complete with a ticking bomb strapped to his chest and a pocket detonator). Two thumbs up for the cotton candy machine!! By the way, next year somebody needs to monitor the pink bunny's punch intake!

0 comments: