Another Discovery

Friday, October 19, 2007

























Today I made another discovery. Two photographs of an experimental painting I did in the Scad series. This one has a three-dimensional quality to it. I used a drawing/painting technique to create the top layer using charcoal and hot wax. Then I painted the second layer in red and cut out one of the squares in the top layer. Lighting is a key element to this piece to give it the shadows it needs to be effective. I'm not even sure what happened to this piece. I have moved so many times in the last five years that it probably got stuck in a hot attic somewhere and melted. Nice piece though. It was about 18" x 24" on heavy paper. Perhaps tomorrow I'll post one of my more recent non-objective pieces. I still have a love affair going on with simple lines and shapes.

0 comments: