Testimonial

Monday, October 6, 2008

This is a snippet of a great email I received during my show in Wilson, NC. It really is encouraging to hear positive feedback from people.

"Your work is breathtaking, and that's a word that I never use. Hi, Cynthia at the Arts Council of Wilson gave me your information. I was downtown showing a friend of mine around, and we went in and...WOW! It's powerful work. You know how it is when you listen to a piece of music that moves you, or you see a dance performance that brings tears to your eyes, and you think to yourself, "this is the real deal!" Well, that's what happened when I saw your work.
I didn't know about the reception, I would have loved to meet you. It's probably better this way, though. I'm much better with the written word. Meeting you would have had me awkward and with little to say other than the usual polite chit chat. I write words and music, but for some reason, I really don't like talking about what I do--it feels too exposing somehow. Therefore, I would never ask an artist what their work is about. I mean, how in the world would you even reply to that? It's kind of personal, isn't it?
Your work moved me. And that's what I'm really trying to say. If you come back to Wilson, I'd at least like to say hello. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Sincerely,
DeeAnn Macomson

0 comments: