Cards and Totes

Monday, March 10, 2008


I was asked to design some new cards and totes to sell in the gift shop at the Fayetteville Museum of Art. I engaged the task with my usual enthusiasm and produced a ton of cool wares. The 6"x8" notecards are a two-color silkscreened floral print. I actually grew the flowers last summer and took some photos while they were in full bloom. It made for a wonderful print. I decided on six colors (pink, blue, orange, yellow, purple, and silver - my personal favorite) and printed them on cream-colored handmade Italian paper, which I'll be selling individually and in sets of six (envelopes included). The canvas totes come in two sizes, three designs and several color combinations. Most are a one-color silkscreen, but I tried out a few with the card design. Of course I burn all my own screens using photo emulsion in a little dark room I have set up in my studio, and I pull all my own prints. These will be available for sale starting March 14th during the Museum's next exhibition opening reception, and until they sell out. Get them while supplies last...




0 comments: