Special package

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

For the new installation I'm working on called "We Made a World of our Own", I'm making a weaving as one of the components to the piece. The design is a plain weave; basically a rag rug, made up of old clothes. Everyone in my family is contributing to the piece. My aunt sent me a box with some of my 94-year-old grannie Stucker's handmade dresses, and one of grannie's mom's dresses (my great grandmother); there was even one of my dad's work shirts with his name tag still on it. That one will be a tough one to cut up for the weaving. Today my brother sent me a big box filled with goodies including two of my Bebe's jackets. Bebe is my mom's mom and was one of my very best friends. I spent so much of my life over at her house, spending time with her. When I opened the box and saw the jackets I just broke down in tears. My heart was aching for her. I put the jacket on and just sat on the floor crying like a baby. I miss her.


0 comments: