New Work in Progress

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This is an installation that I've been working on for awhile. There are several components but right now, I'm concentrating on constructing the 7 foot fabric house. So far the interior structure is complete, but the actual sewing is throwing me for a loop. I have to drape it, step back and look at it, take it off and trim some here and there, put it back on and repeat. On the sides of the house I've done a ton of free motion stitching. Images of children playing; mostly from my own childhood. I did this to create some texture on the surface of the fabric and to add some color to the tea stained fabric. I'm really hoping to get this piece finished by the end of the summer. Every day I get a wee bit closer....





And yes....my husband is a very patient man to put up with a little house in our house.

0 comments: