Fragile Dwelling

Monday, December 28, 2009

I did this piece after completing another sculpture called "That Which is Empty May Be Filled", which was a response to the issue of infertility. This piece, "Fragile Dwelling", readdresses the nest form as a place of comfort, security, and rest. Although nests are delicate and temporary dwellings, they are a welcome respite. The nest is built using fabric printed with verses from the Bible. For me, the Scriptures are a refuge; I find that God's word can change my perspective on things and allow me to see all the fruit being yielded in my life, even when it may seem like a barren season.

I made a resin cast of my own hand to hold the nest, the hand is illuminated from a warm light coming from the base. I believe that we each have opportunities to be a comfort to others; to lend a hand; to extend ourselves, and in this way, we act as a conduit for God's love.













0 comments: