Reception at the Art Center in Fayetteville

Saturday, June 27, 2009


I had a great time last night at the opening reception for the new exhibition, Art Lives, at the Art Center in Fayetteville, NC. It's a group show for the North Carolina Regional Artist Grant recipients. I was exhibiting brand new work: the encaustic pieces that I received the grant to do. I was especially pleased to see my nest sculpture in the gallery after it has been setting on my studio floor for so long. What a difference it made to have it well lit and on a pedestal. Best of all, my time lapse video was featured next to the piece and it drew a cluster of people around my work the entire night. It was a lot of fun to step up behind people and listen to their comments as they mused about the materials and processes I used. Then I would say, "no...she did it this way or that way" and we would banter on for awhile before I finally confessed that I was indeed the artist. Having the time lapse video to accompany the artwork was such an excellent conversation starter. I absolutely loved it.





2 comments:

carol said...

It was great seeing your art again! The nest was pretty exciting for all ages, love what you do with wax. We miss you here in Fayetteville :)

Leslie Pearson said...

Carol, it was great to see you guys again too and the new little one!!