Leather Journal #2

Thursday, June 4, 2009



Yesterday I finished up this second leather journal cover. This one was more of a challenge than I thought it would be, mainly because I had to set so many rivets and the back wasn't totally flat. I also had to drill a lot of holes into the metal radio piece. I used some found objects to create the front piece and had to think things through carefully in order to allow the knob to continue to move from "on" to "off".

I also hand stitched to whole cover again using an awl and waxed thread. A rough job on the ol' hands. I broke about 6 needles in the project, but luckily, no animals were harmed...ha ha, unless you count the cow that yielded the leather. But I digress...

On the back I burnt in (like branding) a radio tower radiating frequency. I can't wait to get some leather tooling equipment. Hopefully, I'll be making a trip to the Tandy Leather store in the next week or two.

I'm interested to hear some suggestions for other journal covers.



0 comments: