ECU Studio Space

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Graduate school. What an adventure I'm starting!! Justin and I have spent the last few days moving some of my things into an apartment in Greenville, NC. I'll be staying here during the week and driving back to Wilmington on the weekends. My new place is only a mile walking or biking distance to the School of Art and Design. Thursday I got the official tour of the building and was completely inspired by the great art that the students were creating. There's an overall feeling of "the sky's the limit" to what you can create here. I picked out my studio space and got a key that will allow me 24 hour access. The studio is quartered off so I'll be sharing with three other people. I liked the cabinet, work table and yes, the couch, so I'm keeping all of that in there. It's a really spacious room but I'll also be able to work in my apartment, which will be more of a live in studio space. No need to worry with entertaining...just working and smiling.

Here are a few photos of my new space and a peek at the work my studio mates are up to.






0 comments: