Isn't it 5 o'clock somewhere?

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Today started off like any other average Sunday. Coffee followed by a long bike ride before church. Unfortunately tragedy struck about two miles into our ride. I looked over at my little chihuahua riding in my husband's bicycle basket and by the time I had a chance to say "I love you Pucci", I took a dive into the jaggedly paved curbside.



The shock hadn't set in yet so I was able to ride back home and make my way upstairs to our apartment. Oh....the agony of delayed pain!!! My husband jumped into action and employed all of his Army medical training to patch me up. Curses on alcohol pads. I swallowed a muscle relaxer and washed it down with two vodka tonics. This is probably the only time I'll ever get away with tying one on before 10 am on a Sunday morning.


2 comments:

Michelle Connolly said...

crikey! sorry to hear about your accident!!
our mate Jeff came off his mountain bike yesterday and cut his lip open needed stitches and was late to ours for dinner! so second bike crash I've heard about in last 24 hours
take it easy!

danielnorth.com said...

Long live alcohol (the drinkin' kind)!