Manic Monday

Monday, July 21, 2008

Today my efforts in the studio were, as usual, a mix of trial and
error. I am trying out a new method of creating a silkscreen design
using drawing fluid and screen filler instead of photo emulsion. I am
working on several screens at once because I am so impatient. The
first screen took about an hour of my time to paint the fluid on and
unfortunately it wasn't thick enough and didn't wash out as I
expected. I felt like a failure but used my new knowledge on my other
"wheel" design and drew on thick lines of drawing fluid. After it
dried I brushed on the screen filler...let that dry, I took it outside
to hose it off, the drawing fluid washed out with no problem as you
can see from the photo. Tomorrow I will try again with the other
design. Stay tuned to see a print of this design tomorrow. Of course,
this single wheel is only a portion of a much more elaborate finished
product.

0 comments: