My SWEET new bike

Friday, May 30, 2008



Yesterday I got this awesome new bike from the local bicycle shop Two Wheeler Dealer. For the longest time, I have been riding an old Mongoose that didn't really suit my body frame. I ended up with the Mongoose several years ago when a fellow soldier was being sent to Germany with only a days notice. He sold me the bike for "whatever was in my pocket"...which ended up being $16.03, a bubble gum wrapper, a Chinese fortune, and some lint. It's served the purpose of a bike but now that I'll be riding a lot more, I was in need of a change.
I knew I wanted something more like a cruiser, but with gears. When I settled into the Electra Townie I knew I had to have it. It is everything I hoped for in comfort but is also a 21 speed. The pedals are set out more in the front and it has a big cushy saddle. And it's my favorite color...blue. I had it fit with a heavy duty basket for carrying back groceries and supplies, a bell with a star on it, and front and rear lights. I did almost 20 miles yesterday and I'm not at all sore. Overall, a very sweet ride.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm green with envy! I'd love to be able to ride a bike to work, and just let my mind relax on the wonder of the creation around me. And to top it all off, as a successful artist on my way to work. Congratulations to you, and your husband, and I pray that all will be well with the two of you amidst this new chapter in your life.

Chris

Leslie Pearson said...

Thanks Chris! I hope you and your family will visit me at my studio the next time you are in Wilmington. There are about 22 artists there and we all have different styles.