My route to work

Monday, May 26, 2008


As a full-time artist I can set my own work schedule, but I have high aspirations of being disciplined, especially when it comes to being at my studio and ready to work at about 9am every morning. It's only a one mile bike ride to ACME but this morning I decided to go the one mile ride to Greenfield Park. It's a beautiful place with a five mile loop around a huge lake. I did the loop twice then rode straight to work (another mile...making the total ride about 12 miles). I think this will be a great way to stay in shape and get my mind centered on the tasks ahead of me in the studio.


The park was filled with a variety of fragrant trees. There was a mix of new magnolia blooms, pine needles warming in the sun, and wisps of jasmine perfuming the air during my ride. The trail was busy with walkers, bikers, people pushing baby carriages, and dogs on leashes. It made me feel healthy and part of a community.




I think Wilmington is the perfect place to set down some deep roots! I can't wait to make this trail a part of my everyday routine.

0 comments: