New Project, moving right along

Tuesday, January 8, 2008



This weekend was pretty successful in regards to my "wings". Several things came together and it is moving right along. I stopped into a horse tack shop near my house on Saturday and found a cool pair of second hand stirrup straps, which turned out to be exactly what I was looking for to use as shoulder straps for the ruck sack. I was also able to mount and stain the wings as well as spray paint the frame. That was a project in itself. The first spray I did came off just by rubbing it. I had to sand it all off and try again, this time with something more suited for metal and with a "hammered" look. I'm really pushing to get these wings done for my solo exhibition at Gallery 208, at the Up & Coming Weekly Magazine offices on Rowan Street, downtown Fayetteville. The show opens with a premier party on the 24th. I think the wings would make an awesome installation.


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Cool!! Can't wait to see the finished product!