My Word for 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012


prep·a·ra·tion, noun \ˌpre-pə-ˈrā-shən\

1: the action or process of making something ready for use or service or of getting ready for some occasion, test, or duty

2: a state of being prepared

3: a preparatory act or measure

The last three years have been very hectic for me. I've been on the go nonstop - driving back and forth between Greenville and Wilmington while working on a second masters degree. As of this month, I completed my goal and graduated with an MFA. During this journey through school, I have also had several "big" life changes. We moved into our wonderful, river front home in Leland; my sister and niece moved in with us; we bought the Fayetteville Museum of Art to turn into a wedding venue; and I moved my studio from Acme to my home. I feel like I have just been reacting to whatever new challenge came at me. I've been dealing with some things, putting others off, making to do lists, and neglecting dear friends. This year, my word is Preparation. I want to take some time to reboot. I want to get organized, to catch up on things, to revisit relationships, to romance my husband, to concentrate on one thing at a time, to get focused, to work on my body, soul, and spirit. I want to be prepared in every way I can for the next door that will open to me.


Lamentations 3:40
"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD."

0 comments: