Christmas Feast

Friday, December 26, 2008

This year, the general consensus was to do something other than the traditional turkey or ham for Christmas dinner. We searched through our cookbooks and decided on Beef Wellington, a dish that we had never tried to make before but looked simple enough. Little did we know that a 7 pound beef tenderloin would cost so much, but Christmas is as special an occasion as they come. As the old Pearson saying goes, "damn the expense, give the canary another seed".

I had fun decorating the loin with my 4-year-old niece Emily, who decided on a floral motif cut from puff pastry. The meal was delicious. We also had my hubby's famous scalloped potatoes, my mom's favorite veggie: brussel sprouts, yeast rolls, salad, baked beans with prosciutto ham, and a lemon bunt cake.

The best part of the day was when we all watched a DVD slideshow of some old family photos. I made it as a gift to my mom, who cried her eyes out and said she would treasure it always. It was a nice way to remember my dad, grandma BeBe, great grandma Woods, and others who aren't with us anymore.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE making the photo DVD's! I updated ours, and it just amazes us how our kids have grown from babies to little people! Also, this time, I added the family tree pictures of my dad's family, and Mom and Dad's wedding picture, and the wedding pics for us 3 girls too. I love updating and seeing how our family has changed in all these years!

Ahh, family....they're so much more lovable when you get them in small sweet doses.