And they said it couldnt be done...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

...Well at least one person did. It gets very hot in my studio. Yes, there is an air conditioner but I can't bring myself to spend the extra bucks to use it...yet.I decided to install a screen door instead. The windows are for light only, they don't open--and to come into my studio, I have to push open a heavy sliding glass door. I love the glass because it lets in tons of natural light. And, one might say "just leave it open and come and go as you please". I did that for a while but every fly, mosquito, and other flying bug known to man swarmed me. There's some big winged thing perched in the window right now that I can't reach to swat at. It's watching me, I swear it is! Creepy!!!
So I took up the cause of the screen door yesterday. Since I ride my bike to ACME, I pretty much had to work with what I found on hand. Luckily I had everything I needed, including a bit of screen I found under our house.Needless to say, it works like a charm. And to the naysayer who under estimated what I'm capable of....don't let my screen door hit you in the ass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the door!

Anonymous said...

The doubting Thomas was Leslie's very own husband... who doesn't deserve her. He knows it... I am he.

Chris said...

It's funny how we can draw from past experiences, and incorporate those skills into different situations. By the looks of this I can see silkscreen frames, and hinge work (Wings).Skills put to good use. I have a sister-in-law that likes to tackle challenging jobs like this. My wife, on the other hand (God bless her heart) has been caught trying to hammer screws into walls in the absence of nails.

Chris

Leslie Pearson said...

Yes! And don't forget the duct tape. Ha ha.