Five Years Into It

Thursday, April 17, 2008


“The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life.” Author Unknown

Today is our 5-year anniversary. I can't hardly believe it's been that long. I was surprised with these beautiful flowers and a card that reads, "Knowing you makes me smile." It was the same little phase that he won my heart with when we were dating.

2 comments:

Chris said...

My wife and I are celebrating our 20th this month. We met in our senior year of highschool, back in 86. If there is one thing that I have learned through the years, it would be the fact that love grows stronger with time. I think people misunderstand love. It's like a fire. At first, it seems like the fire burns out of control, but a good fire is only kindled by the weaker smaller limbs and after a while it seems as if the fire is going out, but the heart of the fire is what you see in the morning deep within the larger pieces of wood, and it burns hotter than what had seemed to be the true fire. This sounds like a painting, doesn't it? Anyways, congratulations.

Chris

Anonymous said...

chris,
thank you for the insight. Justin and I are best friends, it certainly helps during the tough times.