Elbow Grease

Tuesday, February 5, 2008



Since I haven't posted a blog in about three days now, I'm sure some of my faithful readers have been wondering, "Where is Leslie"? Well, I have been busily making ready my new studio at Acme in Wilmington, NC. When I first stepped foot in the space I was awestruck and couldn't see any flaws. After closer inspection I started to notice the haunted house like cobwebs covering the ceiling and crowding every corner. The last person to occupy the studio was a woodworker so a fine layer of sawdust was on ever wall. Early Sunday morning we started cleaning and literally vacuuming off the walls and ceilings to rid the place of the spiders and their webs. By the end of Monday we were attempting to paint the 12 foot high walls. It's still a work in progress. Not everything got painted. There's still a utility sink to be installed, a room to build around the sink for doing darkroom work and screenprinting. Hopefully by the time I move there for good, the place will be a clean, organized work space ready for me to trash out again.

1 comments:

JB2001 said...

Congrats on getting your first real studio! have fun cleaning it up and I hope to be able to see it sometime....