I'm Feeling Lucky

Saturday, October 11, 2014

My sculptural wall installation, Tell Me Your Secrets, I'll Tell You Mine, is in a new exhibition called I'm Feeling Lucky. The exhibition opens tonight at the Elora Centre for the Arts Minarovich Gallery in Ontario, Canada.

I’m Feeling Lucky, is an experimental curatorial project that questions both the assumed authority of a curator and the ubiquity of Google as an epistemological implement. The exhibition seeks to expose the underlying value apparatuses that legitimize art objects and practices and engages with notions of collective memory, historical consciousness and the history of knowledge. 

Co-Curators Natasha Chaykowski and Alison Cooley are the award recipients of the 2nd annual Middlebrook Prize for Young Canadian Curators.






Elora Centre for the Arts

75 Melville Street, Elora, Ontario, Canada, 

N0B 1S0. 519.846.9698 www.eloracentreforthearts.ca



October 11 to December 1, 2014. 

The opening reception will be held Saturday, October 11 between 2pm and 4pm.



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm intrigued by the resonances I see between our projects included in the I'm Feeling Lucky exhibition in Elora. Using repetition to consider memory, identity and transformation has been an important part of my practice over the years. I'm so pleased to have been introduced to your work through this exhibition.

Leslie Pearson said...

Thank you Elizabeth, I just featured your work on my blog