Sunday Project - New Lamp

Sunday, December 29, 2013

I saw this industrial inspired lamp in a magazine and decided to make it. We bought everything at Home Depot - including the Edison bulbs. We already had some vintage cloth covered electrical cord, which really sets in off. We also added a gratuitous red valve for a pop of color. If I were to do another one (and you know I will) I would add an extra pipe on the foot in the way a tripod would look. This would give it more stability. I would add a dimmer switch and lower wattage on the bulbs. Today we made do with what was available on hand. I plan to look into some mail order vintage lamp parts and other Edison bulb styles. Overall it took two people, one whole day, and about $120. Included in the time frame was a trip to the hardware store. And truth be told we had a lot of tools already including wire, electrical tools, and wrenches. I love it!

0 comments: