Progress Report 5

Friday, March 19, 2010


Well, here's the grouping of fabric collages in their nearly finished stage. They turned out differently than they looked in my imagination. I'll admit that I took my inspiration for the overall shape from a seashell noodle. The ribbing on the noodles create a very cool texture and I wanted to replicate that in thus piece. This challenge of gathering inspiration from textures and replicating it in fabric, was an assignment in the construction class in taking this semester at ECU. The goal was to use a few of the fabric manipulation techniques that we have been learning about. Overall, a great learning and problem solving experience for me, but ultimately, I'm not thrilled that everyone thinks they're clam shells.

1 comments:

Julia said...

Well, the shell is a beautiful form, and these are quite gorgeous, whether meant as shells or not... I think your labors paid off.