Back to School

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well, the summer is over and I'm already in my second week at ECU. Whew, does life ever slow down?? Anyway, I have an extremely busy schedule this semester because I also have a graduate teaching assistantship. I'm helping out in a distant education art class. Very unique indeed. One of the highlights of this year will be working with renowned artist Bob Ebendorf . I'm taking his mixed media class called Material Culture. For this class we will be using alternative materials to make wearable pieces, assemblages, or wall pieces. I decided to use my leather scraps to make a brooch for the first project (and I'll probably continue to work with leather because I love it).
This piece is still in the first stages, but as you can see from the photos, I am using a wet form process and hand sculpting lots of tiny components that will eventually get sewn to another leather base. Stay tuned!



0 comments: