Adventures in printmaking

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last week our figure drawing class got a quick demonstration on relief printing and then went back upstairs to draw our model. It was a really fun experience to just go for it and start carving away at our MDF boards. After the first class, I went back to my studio and started soaking some unprimed cotton canvas in a cauldron of vinegar, water, and rusty metal. Over the coarse of the week, I stirred the concoction and let air hit different areas. Yesterday I rinsed my fabric out, let it dry, and steam ironed it. I was so pleased with the awesome results I got from the rusting. You just can't buy anything like it. So this morning when we started running our prints, I got to print my woodcut onto my fabric. I LOVED the way it all turned out.









0 comments: