Kindness

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My "one word" for 2013 is KINDNESS.  Seems simple enough but it does have a call to action: in my case it means I'll have to hold my tongue and keep my tempter in check when dealing with...I mean interacting with...I mean developing relationships with other people.  2012's "one word" was Preparation. I put a lot of thought into actioning that word throughout the year.  I thought about it in terms of preparing myself in my work by creating a better website and applying to exhibitions outside of NC.  I thought about preparing my home by helping my husband when we did gardening, canning, stacking wood, and becoming more sustainable. I thought about preparing myself spiritually by starting my mornings with prayer and bible study. I also allowed myself to take a break from the studio if I needed it. 
So this year, it's Kindness. A fruit of the Spirit. A word that will help me become a better person.


0 comments: