Acme Art Studios, my home away from home

Tuesday, November 13, 2007


This weekend my husband and I went to Wilmington, NC to do a little work on the studio I've been renting. All signs have been pointing toward Wilmington as the perfect spot for us to move to when Justin is out of the Army and I have finished out the school year at Fayetteville Christian. When I saw the space three months ago it just felt right so I decided to snap it up before someone else started renting it. As you can see from the pictures, the studio is huge (12 foot ceilings too). My studio is an off building that is sandwiched between three metalsmiths; the other 13 or so artists are working in the main building. Personally, I'll take the privacy over distracting conversation any day. This weekend we built some heavy duty shelving units and soon we'll put in the utility sink and dark room for doing screenprinting in. We were lucky enough to find a load of discarded 2x4's and a few pieces of plywood. I should be going back and forth from time to time, and will be a permanent fixture there by May 2008. There's even a new pub just outside the studio called the Goat and Compass, reminds me of my days in England.







4 comments:

danielnorth.com said...

Nice diggs, but can you smoke and drink with reckless abandon (in other words, will there be a couch)?

Leslie Pearson said...

Yes, but we prefer to call it a conversation pit. ha ha. As a matter of fact, before we left on Monday someone gave us a 12 ft rug that only had a few drops of paint on it here and there. I'm planning on making it as comfortable as possible (...flat panel tv, mini fridge, etc) need I say more?

Rachel said...

Nice! What a great place...hope we get to visit when it's all set up. And man...that paint-spattered ladder brings back fond memories of Stamper.

Leslie Pearson said...

Visit? We expect you two to move to Wilmington with us. Hanging with the Pearsons trumps Seattle any day.